Friday, April 4, 2014

Sixers Council


11-04-13
Today the sixers gathered to plan for the games. We had been reusing some of the old games as we had run out of ideas. But even without having to think of a new game for the cub scouts to play, it was still extremely difficult for us to decide on a game as all of us were over enthusiastic. True, we should take pride an interest in whatever we do, however we should not let that enthusiasm come in the way of showing respect to one another. We should take turns to speak in order to make everyone feel important and give them the respect they deserve. Furthermore, by not taking turns, we are decimating the number of ideas we have for the games and as such, making it boring for the cub scouts.

09-05-13
One of the sixers was quite excited today. In fact most of the time, he is very enthusiastic in scouting. However, he lacks the ability to communicate with his friends – he thinks that by shouting, he will get the attention and respect of the scouts. In my opinion, he is being silly. Nobody likes to be bossed around and when you yell at others, not only will they not listen to you, but they will also dislike you. Shouting drains your energy and affects your voice and after all of this you don’t get what you want! So as a sixer, we must come out with innovative ways to get things done. For example, Serpent taught us a few hand signals that we could use to signal to the cub scouts what we want instead of yelling at them.

Despite all of this, I still want to help this sixer become a better person so I try to understand things from his point of view. Maybe around him people have been raising their voices at him due to his behavior and he thinks that this is the only way to lead others and so he picks it up. Maybe I myself have been too harsh on him I shall change and try to be nicer around him instead of always blowing my top once my limit of tolerance has reached.

28-03-14
Jethro, our Senior Sixer has come up with over 100 scout games to play. He has shown a great amount of effort and passion in leading and scouting. He commitment has inspired me to push my self even further and has shown me that it is indeed possible to juggle between my CCA and school work. I hope my fellow sixers can also learn from Jethro’s actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment